Canada Youth Funding Association 2018 Youth Business Proposal Competition Live Up to Your Business Dream! Judges and Special Guest Mentors:
- Dr. Tamara Etmannski, BA (UCalgary), BSc honours (UCalgary), PhD Engineering (Oxford); Lecturer, Entrepreneurship and Innovation Group, Sauder School of Business (Joint Appointment with Faculty of Applied Science)
- Ms. Lingping Li, GALLUP Certified Strength Coach, the Previous Senior manager in Coca-Cola China, founder of CCG Learning & Coaching Service Company
- Ms. Winnie Hong Wei Liao, well-known entrepreneur, top financial and investment expert, a successful mother of five children The Youth Business Proposal Competition has been successfully held by CYFA for many years and provides a chance for youth to practice their presentation skills in a more professional setting. In past years, all candidates presented wonderfully, but there were a few candidates that performed exceptionally well have received cash prizes and accolades, some have even gone on to receive investment from venture capital and initiate projects. This year, we have invited reputable scholars, professional financial experts and senior management from Global 500 enterprise to instruct our Vancouverite participants. This event is sponsored and supported solely by Respon International Group. “We are the origin of creativity, it is a contest of wonderful ideas! We provide the opportunity, you contribute ideas and creativity. It is a start of future entrepreneurs.
If you have any questions feel free to contact us by email at email@example.com
I. Qualification and Registration Age: At least 10 years old Sign up by: From now to June 10, 2018 Sign up Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Candidates shall provide accurate information including name, gender, age, school and contact (phone number and email) II. Competition Criteria: A. Participants are required to create their own creative business concept or plan to launch a new venture. Participants can present in groups of any size they see fit. Participants must submit a written business plan which adequately addresses the necessary factors including but not limited to the following:
- The business idea – uniqueness, viability, relevance
- The Product and/or service – description, impact, market need
- Target market – definition, competition, opportunities
- Marketing plan – nature, relevance, objectives
- Start-up costs and financials
B. Final Business Plan Competition Time: September 20, 2018 Location; Aberdeen Square Suite 5100, 4000 No. 3 Road, Richmond, BC The selected participants are required to present their Business Plan in the final stage of the competition on September 20, 2018. Participants may use various visual aids for their presentation. All information mentioned and displayed are as per the team’s discretion. Formal attire is required for the presentation. Each participant is allocated ten (10) minutes to present his/her Business Plan to the panels. C. Judging and Prize Final presentations will be judged by a panel of independent judges, consisting of professionals involved in entrepreneurship. Judges include experts and scholars, successful entrepreneurs, venture capitalists or investors. The 1st place of the competition will be awarded the top prize of $1,000. Different prizes will be awarded to two Best Business Plan winners, two Best Presentation winners, and two Best Creative Proposal winners. D. Awarding Ceremony Time:September 21 2018 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm Location: River Rock Show Theatre The winners will be invited to a grant Awarding Ceremony held on September 21, 2018. Hundreds of guests will discover the winners and celebrate together. We are looking forward to your excellent performances! All candidates and participants will be awarded volunteer time and be qualified to earn in the annual volunteer prize in the year-end ceremony!